Home Grown Cow is proud to support National Farmers Union.
How Home Grown Cow Works
- An effective new technology that links independent producers with consumers.
- A way to redirect the product of independent livestock farms making it more profitable for farmers and more affordable for consumers.
- A means of revitalizing rural America with homegrown products.
- An additional market for independent livestock farmers.
- A means through which the independent farmer can retain a large portion of the off-farm costs associated with traditional retail.
Eight Simple Steps: How it works:
- Farmers sign up as Home Grown Cow Farmers and create a farm profile with info about their farm, farming practices and products.
- Farmers load inventory to their profile which could be bulk meat (E.g.: a side of beef) or cuts (E.g.: a pack of 10 organic lamb chops) with availability dates.
- Home Grown Cow conducts online marketing activities to drive traffic to the site and find customers for the listed products.
- Consumers place orders for product and enter their credit card information at this time - though they are not billed.
- Farmers have 36 hours to accept (or reject) the order.
- At the moment an order is accepted by the farmer, HCG charges the customer's credit card account and notifies the customer that their order has been placed.
- The customer receives the product (either local pick-up, local delivery or shipping)
- Home Grown Cow pays the Farmer once the customer has received their order.
Why Would Farmers Use Home Grown Cow?
- No cost to farmers. The farmer always receives the price they set as the Farm Price.
- Guaranteed and speedy payment - customer pays up-front. Payment is remitted quickly to Farmers.
- Inventory Planning: Farmers can post future availability under their profile - even into next season.
- Flexibility - Farmer can reject an order if product posted is no longer available.
- No web site maintenance
- Shipping is facilitated at excellent rates and shipping labels are automatically provided to farmers.
- Unparalleled national Marketing footprint
Why Would Eaters Use Home Grown Cow?
- They can know where their meat is coming from.
- They can specify their meat according to:
- Farm Practices (E.g. Organic, Grass Fed, Pasture Raised etc.)
- Farm Size
- Meat type (Beef, Pork, Chicken etc.)
- Cuts vs. Bulk (1/4 steer, lamb chops)
- Delivery method (Local pick-up or delivery, or shipping).
- Their billing information is safe and not shared outside of Home Grown Cow
- Their purchase is protected by the Home Grown Cow safety net, as Farmers aren't paid spacer until 24 hours after the product is received by the Eater.
Caps Lock is on.
News and Links
Suggest A Farm
If you know a farm that could be a Home Grown Cow farmer.