How it Works
- A virtual farmers' market using technology to link independent producers with consumers.
- Redirecting the product of independent livestock farms making it more profitable for farmers and more affordable for consumers.
- Revitalizing rural America with homegrown products.
- An additional market for independent livestock farmers.
- Independent farmers retain a large portion of the off-farm costs associated with traditional retail.
Eight Simple Steps: How it works:
- Farmers sign up as Home Grown Cow Farmers and create a farm profile with info about their farm, farming practices and products.
- Farmers list the products they have for sale on their profile which could be bulk meat (E.g.: a side of beef) or cuts (E.g.: a pack of 10 organic lamb chops), or poultry, or cheese, along with availability dates.
- Home Grown Cow conducts online marketing activities to drive traffic to the site and find customers for the listed products.
- Consumers place orders and checkout with a credit card - though they are not billed right away.
- Farmers are notified via e-mail and phone and accept (or reject) the order.
- When an order is accepted by the farmer, HCG charges the customer's credit card account and notifies the customer that their order has been placed.
- The customer receives the product (either local pick-up, local delivery or shipping)
- Home Grown Cow pays the Farmer once the customer has received their order.
Why Would Farmers Use Home Grown Cow?
- No cost to farmers! The farmer always receives the price they set as the Farm Price.
- Guaranteed and speedy payment - customer pays up-front. Payment is remitted quickly to Farmers avoiding collections issues.
- Inventory Planning: Farmers can post future availability under their profile - even into next season.
- Flexibility - Farmers can modify or reject an order if the item(s) is/are no longer available.
- No web site maintenance, no merchant bank accounts, no shipping carrier accounts needed.
- Shipping is facilitated at excellent rates and shipping labels are automatically provided to farmers.
- Unparalleled national Marketing footprint
Why Would Eaters Use Home Grown Cow?
- They can know where their meat is coming from.
- They can specify their meat according to:
- Farm Practices (E.g. Organic, Grass Fed, Pasture Raised etc.)
- Farm Size
- Meat type (Beef, Pork, Chicken etc.)
- Cuts vs. Bulk (1/4 steer, lamb chops)
- Delivery method (Local pick-up or delivery, or shipping).
- Their billing information is safe and not shared with Farms or third parties.
- Their purchase is protected by the Home Grown Cow safety net, as Farmers aren't paid spacer until 24 hours after the product is received by the Eater.